Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Life On The River...



So I've decided to rename my blog here, from Home and Hearth to "Life On The River".  I feel that name more aptly describes my home and my hearth.   We live in the beautiful Appalachian mountains of Eastern Kentucky directly overlooking the river here.   And for us right now, Life on the River is all about SPRINGTIME!  Spring is bursting in full force here.  It came early this year due to the extremely warm temperatures.   In March, temperatures hit in the low to mid 90s.  Yes, I said 90s.   It's been averaging about 83 degrees here the past couple of weeks.  So gone are the sweaters and the jackets and out have come the flip flop sandals and crop pants.   So come feel the thick, soft carpet of grass on your bare feet and the feel the cool canopy shade of towering trees over your head.  Look to your left and see the robin perched on a limb and the squirrel frozen for a moment on the grass before he scurries up a log.   Here the gentle whiny of the horses as they graze.   Look to your right as the late afternoon sun sparkles and dances on the water and flickers through the trees.  This is my world.  This is my home.  This is my.... Life on the River.    Welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment