Sunday, December 4, 2011

Deck the Halls!

I love Snowmen.  I don't collect anything much but dust...but if I did, I would collect Snowmen figurines.  I think I love them because they always make me smile.  You can't really look at a snowman (or snow woman) and not smile.  I have a few from over the years...not enough to make a true collection and not expensive ones by any means.  But still, every time I see them, I smile.  I also have a couple of what I call "Christmas boxes"...little, inexpensive trinket boxes that I set out for Christmas.  These, along with my wreath and now my new Santa figurine, make up the majority of my "decking the halls". 

We have a small place...and so the decorations are small scale too.  But as I said, I enjoy them despite their small number and stature.   This year, I hope to have my nephews here (ages 7 and 9) and make some new memories and decorations with them.  My college freshman son, Sam, and his now 15 year old cousin, Connor, and I used to do that when they were younger.  I look forward to continuing the tradition with the younger ones. 

My friend is getting ready for the "parade of homes" in our town.  She agreed to be part of this charity event at the request of a friend.  Her home is spectacular!  And I'm sure her halls (and they are truly halls!) are decked in the finest array.   But whether you go very small scale like me, or very grand like my friend, may you and yours be blessed this holiday season and may you remember the reason for the season.  Merry Christmas!  

No comments:

Post a Comment