Friday, April 6, 2012

Sniffles and Sneezles

The only drawback that I can think of when it comes to living here in the Appalachian mountains of Eastern Kentucky is that with the profusion of flora and fauna that arrive with every Springtime, we also have the coming of the dreaded...  ALLERGY SEASON!! (que the music from the movie, Psycho).  What was a nondescript "post nasal drip" on Monday has now become a full, dry, bronchitis/asthmatic cough by today on Friday.   And so I have taken a much needed day of rest and stayed home from work and am sitting here in my bunny slippers and pajamas.  I caught a glimpse of the illusive blue jay this morning.  He likes to visit my family room window sill but I seldom have my camera ready when he arrives.  But I still have hopes that I will capture him on digital so that I can share him with you here soon.  From my window where I sit typing this, I can see a brilliantly blue sky and beautiful sun, but my cough is so bad this morning that I am not venturing far from my steam room or cough meds.  Hopefully soon, I can be back out enjoying the beauty all around us here on the river and sharing it with y'all via this blog.  Until then, I'll leave you with a few pictures take at the lake near here just a week or so ago. Enjoy !     

No comments:

Post a Comment